About The Arizona Marathon
There are several marathons in Arizona, but only the Arizona Marathon provides awesome tech shirts and great medals. We run through many cities which partner together, giving runners a hometown feeling. The Arizona Marathon offers everyone the opportunity to get involved, from the new runner/walker to the seasoned runner with a goal to reach a personal best time.
The Westgate Center offers a picture-perfect finish with family, friends, bands, and a Bellagio-style water feature guiding the runners to the finish line to receive finisher medals from the mayors and other community leaders from Arizona cities. The festivities, at 6751 N Sunset Blvd, Glendale, AZ, begin at 9:30 a.m. and are in a finish-line setting like no other.
Why We Run?
- Run in support of those who cannot.
- Run to bring hope to life.
- Run to recognize outstanding people in the community who work tirelessly to help others.
- Run to be a part of the Sun Health Arizona Marathon’s incredible legacy of giving.
A Story of Hope
For the past 8 years, Integrated Medical Services and The Arizona Marathon have partnered to support The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Arizona in honor of leukemia patient, Joshua Gass. Joshua was diagnosed with Leukemia in 2006 before his 7th birthday. He and his family were met with overwhelming support from the West Valley community. We are very happy to say that Joshua is cancer-free today and in the honors program at Brophy College Preparatory.
Today, The Sun Health Arizona Marathon continues to make contributions to the Arizona Community.
- Leukemia Lymphoma Society of Arizona
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flagstaff
- Boy’s and Girl’s Clubs
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Homeless Youth Connection
- New Life Center
WE HAVE GIVEN BACK $250,000 IN 8 YEARS.
A few of our causes:
- High school scholarships totaling over $20,000!
- Local School Districts
- Interact Clubs
- National Honor Societies
- National Junior Honor Societies
- Student Councils
- Athletic Programs